Monday, October 18, 2010

Expository Blogging

I realize that this post is a long time coming. I also realize that if you've read a few of my posts, most of what I am about to explain will not be news to you. However, I would like to explain the purpose of this blog.

If you've been following this page, you may have noticed this concept of "Expository Blogging" embedded into my posts. You most likely have not called it that but nonetheless, what I mean by "expository blogging" is that the main point of my writings are always the main point of a passage of scripture. This is not an accident. This is a carefully drawn out attempt to give you a taste for the word of God. "Taste and see that the Lord is good" (Psalm 34:8). I do this because I have a conviction that the word of God when properly expounded does a multitude of things:

- It makes one wise for salvation through Jesus Christ (2 Tim 3:15)
- It sanctifies (John 17:17)
- It makes our hearts burn for joy (Luke 24:32)
- It convicts us of sin (Matthew 22:29)
- It convinces us of grace (2 Corinthians 12:9)

This is my aim through blogging, that you and I would know him personally and make him known openly. Biblically, this only happens through scripture and through the illumination of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, "Think over what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything" (2 Tim 2:7). This is why I end with a prayer and with a confidence that, "He who calls you is faithful [AND] he will surely do it." (1 Thes 5:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment